Monday, November 1, 2010

Sketchbook holding...

My sketchbook is currently on hold. It sat unopened all weekend and I feel terrible but it is Emma's birthday on Saturday.  I will have 12 screaming girlies running through my house expecting something just as amazing as the fashion show from last year.
This year Emma chose to have a Forest Fairie party.
Here's what I have sone so far...




These are pipe cleaner flower rings which I first saw in an issue of Martha Stewart Weddings. I searched her website for directions to make them and turned up this...not quite the same, but I modified them to fit our party.





All fairies need a crown of flowers. I didn't want to do the same old leafy head piece so I found some silk orchids and some fern leaves here and attached them to a large bobby pin with a glue gun and then covered it all up with brown ribbon...Done!
After 20 flower rings and 15 orchid hair pieces there was no time for sketching...
but there was time to dress up my puppy as...


Napoleon Dynamite
He really loved the costume...


Emma is currently obsessed with bats...i'm not sure why, but she loves them.
This costume was a mash up of a few different things...
Tutu and wings from Old Navy
Ears from Claire's
Necklace from Crew Cuts by JCrew

A fun, creative and productive weekend! But no sketchbook...

No comments:

Post a Comment