Monday, November 22, 2010

Snowy Beautifulness and the Awesomest App Ever

We are still here in Canmore and I have to say that it is very cold and very snowy...being that last week was 20 degrees and this week is -20, it is a bit of a shock to the system. I am not complaining I am merely stating the fact that it is cold...mind numbingly cold. For me, there is no better place to be than in the heart of the mountains in this kind of weather and so I am content. (earl can only walk a couple of steps and then he starts trying to hop around on one leg...he's a pretty tough guy)



I am finding myself getting a tad emotional though, walking around town, sitting in the coffee shops, and seeing people that I once knew. It takes me back to a time that was simultaneously easier and harder than life as of now.
Whilst living in Canmore, we were surrounded by constant beauty and the Grace of God. The creek running through our backyard was Emma's favorite place to be and the outdoors were a part of us. On the other hand, Mike was constantly travelling for work and I (in the thick of a severe anxiety disorder that I was unaware of) never tried to make friends. Emma and I spent our days together enjoying our town but very lonely. I look back and miss the place itself but not the time we spent here and I am a bit torn up inside and I don't really know why. I want to be able to look back at the things that I have done and be thankful for having done them.


ANYWAYS, since I am an optimist, being here with all of this emotional baggage (for lack of a better something) is helping me with my art and my speed of art...so there is still hope that I will finish this sketchbook after all (with less than 2 months to go...)






This is a sketch of a walkman and a stack of 80's tapes

While Mike slept the morning away, I went and cozzied up at the local coffee shop and did some sketching. I took these photos of my stuff with this amazing new app that I found called Hipstamatic. Its a camera app that mimics the old "lomography" style of plastic camera. I LOVE it. These two photos were taken while I was testing out two of the different lenses that come with the camera as well as the photo of Earl above...

So, that's all for now. Back to holidaying, a drive in to Banff perhaps, and a heart missing my baby...



No comments:

Post a Comment