Friday, November 18, 2011

A 7th Birthday Party

So, here we go,
Emma's polka dot party...on a budget
it was so much fun!

The table set and ready for the girlies to have lunch
I used a plastic table cloth to cover the table, with a polka dot paper runner down the centre. I used (my go-to flower) yellow button mums to carry the polka dots to the table. Two mini trifle bowls filled with 
gum balls.


our pom pom chandalier
I loved this when I saw it here and I really wanted to try it out.
I have been making these pom poms forever, so with a few modifications, I created our little guy...
Our dining table light it pretty low so I had to scale the whole thing down a lot, 
but I LOVE how it turned out!

Next up, the goodie bags- the only things that I bought- the bag, the lollipop, the gum balls, and a few wooden beads for bracelets...
Cake pops- made by my sis of Pretty Sweet


I made these cute little gum ball necklaces that the girlies went crazy for...
they were more work than i foresaw, but worth it.

Bubble gum necklaces
Along with the necklaces- Bingo was the hit of the party!
I found the card template here
Instead of the suggested ping pong balls, I used styrofoam balls which were pretty cheap at the dollar store. We used tiny little polka dot stickers from the office supply store to check off their numbers.
We played 4 times, and the kids would have played more but Auntie Vicki was tired of calling numbers.

BINGO!


Check back tomorrow for all of the treats, the cake, and our dessert bar!




No comments:

Post a Comment